Koederitz Law Firm, LLC
Louisiana Auto Accident Information Center
If you are involved in an auto accident, you may be entitled to recover damages for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, disability, medical expenses, loss of earnings, inconvenience and property damage. Your spouse and children may have a claims for loss of consortium.
Louisiana Auto Accident Attorney Gary Koederitz has represented hundreds of individuals that have sustained auto accident injuries throughout Louisiana for more than twenty years.
What to do When Injured in a Car accident in Louisiana
- First, determine whether or not you are hurt and need first aid or immediate medical attention. If you do, seek help from emergency medical personnel.
- If you are not in need of immediate attention, take time to survey the scene of the accident to make yourself aware of important details such as: identify the driver of the other vehicle(s) involved, identify any possible witnesses to the accident - be sure to point them out to the investigating officer, look for skid marks from the tires of any vehicle involved, as well as physical evidence such as broken glass, broken tail lights, car parts, etc - the location of this debris in the road way will often reveal the "point of impact" of the vehicles which can become crucial evidence - again, point out any thing you find to the police officer.
- Obtain the following information from the other driver(s): name, address, phone numbers, name of liability insurance company/
- Talk to the police officer - make sure that he or she understands how the accident happened.
- If you have a camera available take pictures of the vehicles, the accident scene, the roadway, the driver(s) and passenger(s) of the other vehicles.
- If there are witnesses who were not involved in the accident, get their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Many aspects of your life will be upset as a result of the accident - your ability to work, your transportation, medical visits and bills, etc.
- Getting back in control of you life will depend in large part, on how much cooperation and assistance you get from the insurance companies.
- You need to understand, from the beginning, that the insurance adjuster has one objective, paying you as little as possible to get you to sigh a release.
- Accident victims who successfully deal with this process are those who find an attorney who will take on the responsibility of getting their client's car fixed or replaced, and work with your doctors and medical providers to make sure that you get the medical attention and treatment that you need without being trampled by medical bills.
- If you need help, call Koederitz Law Firm, LLC, and put us to work for you.
At Koederitz Law Firm, LLC if your case is accepted, an experienced Louisiana car accident attorney, supported by qualified staff in numerous fields, will fully investigate your Louisiana auto accident claim without obligation to you. If we believe that your car accident claim has merit, our Louisiana Lawyers will aggressively enforce your rights.
Meet Louisiana Car Accident Lawyer Gary Koederitz
Our practice area encompasses the State of Louisiana, including West Baton Rouge Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, St. Bernard Parish, Orleans Parish, Caddo Parish, Lafayette Parish, Calcasieu Parish, Rapides Parish, the Louisiana Gulf Coast, Houma, New Orleans, Hammond, Metaire, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria, Slidell, New Iberia, Chalmette, Tallulah, Bogalusa, Covington, Franklin, Abbeville, Morgan City, Minden, Winnsboro, Gonzales and all Louisiana cities in between.
Koederitz Law Firm, LLC
4607 Bluebonnet Blvd., Suite B
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Telephone: (225) 295-9494
Telecopier: (225) 295-9495
Contact our Law Firm